Compelling Reasons to Choose Invisalign Over Traditional Braces
It’s no secret that one of the first things people notice about someone is their smile. Having straight, perfectly aligned teeth not only boosts confidence and self image, but also contributes to healthy teeth and gums by making proper dental hygiene easier. If your smile seems a little crooked and you want to know how to get straight teeth, Invisalign might be the perfect option for you.
What is Invisalign?
It’s a practically invisible way to straighten your teeth. Using clear aligners that are custom-made just for you, your teeth are moved little by little until the perfect smile is achieved. The length of time the appliance is worn will be determined by the cosmetic dentist caring for you.
What are the Benefits?
There are numerous advantages over standard braces. Some benefits include:
- It’s Invisible. The aligners are nearly invisible. Standard braces use metal brackets and wires that are very noticeable. With Invisalign, most people won’t even notice that you’re wearing them, meaning your day-to-day interactions with others will be unaffected.
- It’s Removable. Unlike regular braces, you can eat and drink whatever you want by simply removing the aligners. The aligners can also be removed before brushing and flossing, making proper dental hygiene much easier compared to regular braces.
- It’s Comfortable. The wires and brackets in traditional braces are known to cause pain, irritation, and mouth sores. In addition, brackets can break, causing the wire to poke the cheek or gums. The aligners are made of smooth as silk plastic that is custom molded to your teeth, making the process of straightening comfortable and pain free.
- It’s Convenient. There are no adjustments needed. You will change the appliance at home every two weeks. This means quicker and less frequent appointments so you can spend more time doing the things you love.
- It’s Affordable. The average cost is similar to that of traditional braces, so it’s a cost-effective option for many people.
A new smile can be yours sooner than you think. If you are interested in exploring how to get straight teeth, contact a cosmetic dentist for a consultation today.