5 Recommendations about Dental Implants from Our Trusted Dentist
Based on the food that we eat, our eating habits, our daily teeth hygiene, etc., we tend to lose some or all of our teeth during our lifetime. And when it happens, so goes also our full gratification of life.
Losing a tooth may not be fatal, but there are many after effects that we’d rather not have:
- We lose our ability to chew and enjoy our food
- A lost tooth will cause more problems to the otherwise still good teeth
- We lose our self-confidence and pride as well, because of the unsightly look of missing teeth
Our University Area dentist recommends the following to avoid all the above discomforts caused be the loss of teeth:
- Replace the missing teeth immediately with dental implants. These implants are fixtures that work as substitutes for the root portion of the lost teeth. They are long-term solutions to the vacant spaces left by the missing teeth and prevent other teeth problems from happening. They are more permanent compared to bridges and dentures, which may entail some problems after long use.
- Be ready for expenses; dental implants are very expensive; a single tooth costs $3,000 to $4,500, because most dentists refer patients to other dental professionals who may charge more. Also, most insurance won’t cover dental implant. They consider it more as a cosmetic rather than a health issue.
- Not all implants are the same. They are available in different sizes and brands. Do a research and find out which one has a higher success rate, a more affordable cost, and is recommended by your University Area dentist before making a decision.
- There are several discount plans that you can join on the internet in order to get a break. Read the plans thoroughly before paying the joining fees. Also, dental schools have oral-surgery programs for their advanced students where the dental implant is done with a supervising professor. The fees are less prohibitive than those charged by the professionals.
- The 2-part procedure can be scheduled at the end of the year and at the beginning of the following year. You can save as much as 30% on taxes.
What are you waiting for? Don’t wait too long! Come to our local University Area dentist office right away, get your teeth back, and look and feel better again. Recover your life and enjoy it to the fullest.